K Visas
Traditional Representation
with Modern Values

K Visa Attorneys in Annandale

Visas For Fiancé(e)s Of U.S. Citizens

Foreign nationals who wish to travel to the United States to see their significant others can do so through K visa status. Also known as the fiancé(e) visas, the K visas are a classification of visas that apply to foreign nationals who intend to marry their U.S. citizen fiancé(e) or reunite with their U.S. citizen spouse. Children of individuals who qualify for K visa status may also be eligible to receive K visas under similar categories.an individual who is getting married to her fiancé through a K visa program

K Visa Categories

Each visa carries specific requirements that must be fulfilled before and during entry to the United States. For example, the K-1 visa only permits fiancé(e)s to reside in the United States on the grounds that they will marry their significant other during their stay. To qualify for any of the K visas, it is recommended to work with an experienced immigration attorney who understands how the visa process and timeline works.

K-1 Visa

The K-1 visa is awarded to a foreign national who intends to marry their U.S. citizen fiancé(e) within 3 months of arriving in the U.S. They must enter the United States within 6 months of obtaining the visa, and must have their U.S. citizen fiancé(e) act as their petitioner on their behalf. The applicant must also provide additional evidence regarding their intentions to marry, as well as their intentions to adhere to other K-1 visa restrictions before being admitted. Should they choose not to marry or marry a different individual, they must return home to their country.

K-2 Visa

The K-2 visa is awarded to children of K-1 visa holders who are 20 years old or younger. Children are required to be unmarried to qualify for the visa but do not have to be related to the K-1 visa holder by blood. Proof of relationship to the child is required by the K-1 visa holder in order for the applicant to obtain a K-2 visa. The K-1 visa holder must also provide evidence that they can financially support the K-2 visa during their time of stay. Unlike the K-1 visa, the K-2 visa only permits a stay of 90 days in the United States.

K-3 Visa

K-3 visa status is awarded to foreign nationals who have previously obtained the K-1 visa, completed their stay and provided proof of marriage. The U.S. citizen spouse files a petition on behalf of the K-3 visa applicant, and if awarded, the foreign national can apply for a green card while on K-3 visa status. The visa is valid for a period of two years and can be renewed or extended while the individual waits for green card status. Children of the K-3 visa applicant may also apply to reside with them under K-4 visa status upon providing proof of relationship.

Contact us online or call us at (703) 783-0082 to get started on your immigration case.
Client Testimonials

We take our clients' cases seriously. Learn how we have helped people in the past.

    Mariam is a caring lawyer, she was able to handle my case with professionalism despite the short deadline to reply back to USCIS. She is really confident about her job and will take extra steps to make sure things go as planned.

    - S.S.

    I am now a free man and will get my Green Card back soon. None of this would have been possible without Mariam and her firm. Words can't describe how grateful I am to her and if you're reading this look no further!

    - Aimal M.

    The diligence of Mariam, making sure we had everything that could possibly be needed even when sometimes I felt it was too much. The team definitely kept me having hope but always kept things realistic and gave me realistic expectations.

    - Oshoke E.

    Mariam Masumi helped my wife get her case approved and I am thankful for her hard work. She is a very knowledgeable and experienced lawyer.

    - Ali R.

    After working with them for less than 6 months, I received approvals for my employment authorization, waiver of inadmissibility, and finally my permanent resident card.

    - Marie A.

Speak With An Immigration Attorney For More Information

If you are a foreign national who intends to marry your fiancé(e) in the United States who is a citizen, reach out to Johnson & Masumi. Our immigration attorneys specialize in assisting foreign nationals who qualify for fiancé(e) visas with acquiring K visa status. To get started with your K visa application, call Johnson & Masumi at (703) 783-0082 or schedule a consultation online with one of our experienced immigration attorneys today.

  • We Tackle the Most Complex Immigration Cases
  • We are a Full-Service Boutique Immigration Law Firm
  • We Have Served Thousands of Clients Nationwide
  • We Have Been in Business Since 1986
Smart Strategies. Favorable Results.

Fill out the form below or call 703-783-0082 to book a consultation.

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.